Calls in the Dark
- nearly 2 million children are forced into the worldwide sex trade each year
- 800,000 children, women, and men are trafficked across international borders annually
- 50% of human trafficking victims are minors
That’s the yucky, hard to hear news.
Here’s the good news! Agencies and organizations are rallying together to fight this. People are being rescued and receiving healing, training and support. We don’t need to walk by, helpless to the calls in the dark. We can help.
In this three-part series, I’ll end each post with easy, tangible “You can do this today!” ways to fight human trafficking. I hope that excites and encourages you as much as it does me! Plus I have a book give-away for you, and the winner will be announced at the end of the series.
Today’s Tangible Ways to Fight Human Trafficking
- Check out International Justice Mission’s work (and on facebook) to hear weekly arrests, victories and prayer requests.
- Prayerfully watch the documentary Lilya. Warning: Mature, R-rated. Not recommended for males or anyone under 18.
- Start a Loose Change to Loosen Chains jar.
- Leave a comment here on my site on what you’ve heard about human trafficking (if any) this year, or
- Pray with me here (on the comments) for strength, resources and energy for the people to fight this, or
- Share this on your facebook page by clicking the “fb” button below (and let me know you did). Let’s raise awareness!